While Acer laptops are considered to be pretty reliable, some people do have issues with the brand. One of the biggest things they dislike about Acer is that the company modifies the Windows splash screen in such a way that an Acer splash screen is displayed instead. If you’ve decided you’d like to remove this screen and revert back to the original Windows 7 splash screen, you’ll need to use a free tool to do so.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Tweaks.com Logon Changer (for Windows 7)
Download Tweaks.com Logon Changer (see Resources). Save it to your computer desktop.
Double-click the tweakslogon.zip file on your desktop. Right-click “TweaksLogon” and select “Copy.” Go back to your desktop and right-click the desktop. Select “Paste.”
Double-click the “TweaksLogon” executable on your Desktop. Click “Yes” when asked by Windows Account Control whether you want to continue or not.
Click “Revert to Default Logon Screen.” Click “OK” to confirm the change.
Exit “TweaksLogon” by clicking the red “X” button. When you restart your computer, the splash screen will have reverted to the Windows splash screen.
Tips and warnings
- Use your own logon screen if you don’t like the Windows one. To do this, open “TweaksLogon” and click “Change Logon Screen.” Select your desired logon screen image and click “Open.” Click “Yes” and the logon screen will be changed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for