Overalls are convenient clothing for all sorts of outdoor jobs. Overalls also make comfortable recreational clothing. They usually consist of a full set of trousers with a front panel held on by suspenders. They can come in many different materials, but denim is the most common material for overalls. Finding the right size may seem a little tricky at first, but after a while finding the right overall size will seem like second nature to you.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
Measure the length of your legs. Get a measurement of the inside seam of your legs and the outside seam of your legs. This will tell you how long your overalls need to be. Without this measurement, the pant legs of your overalls may be too short or too long. Start measuring from your crotch down to your ankle to get the correct inside seam measurement. To measure the length for the outside seam, measure down from your waist to your ankle.
Wrap the measuring tape around your waist. Take down the measurement. Without this measurement, the waist of your overalls may be too tight or too loose. Press one end of the measuring tape to your side and bring the measuring tape around your midsection. Record the measurement displayed when the tape first overlaps itself.
Measure the length from your lower back, over your shoulders, to your pectorals. This gives you the appropriate length of your suspenders. If the suspenders are too short, they can make the pant legs of your overalls ride high. If they are too long, they will cause your overalls to sag.
Tips and warnings
- Test overalls before you purchase them. Readjust the straps of the overalls to fit your needs. Bend and flex to ensure they fit well.
- Getting your own measurements can be a little tough, so have a friend help you. If you do not have a friend to help you with your measurements, you can take the measurements of a comfortable fitting pair of trousers.
- Consider having a professional tailor take down your measurements to ensure the best fit you can. A tailor may also be able to make the overalls for you, so that they have a comfortable custom fit suited only for your unique shape.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for