This magic trick is sure to impress your friends and family. You just use an ordinary playing card and "magically" make it appear to levitate and spin around your body. You can even invite your audience to inspect the playing card after you do the trick so they can see that it is perfectly normal.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Playing cards, preferably Bicycle brand
- Invisible magician's thread
- Clear tape or magician's wax
Measure and cut a length of invisible magician's thread from the tip of your ear lobe to your groin.
Stick one end of the thread to the back of your ear lobe using magician's wax. Stick the other end of the thread to the top of the thumbnail on your left hand.
Hand the deck of cards to an audience member and ask him to shuffle the deck. Take the deck back, holding it in your left hand.
Handle the cards and discretely remove the thread and wax from your thumbnail and place it in the exact centre of the back of the top playing card. If you're using Bicycle brand, use the dot in the centre as your guide.
Spin the top card off the deck with one hand, and place the remaining cards down on a table. Use the V shape between the thumb and forefinger of one hand to push the thread away from you. This will make the card spin upward toward your hand. Take your other hand and place it underneath the card but not touching it so that the card seems to levitate between your hands.
Catch the card with your right hand. Throw the card to the right of your body, trying to make it swing on the thread around your body.
Use the V shape between the thumb and forefinger of your left hand to catch the string on your left side as it comes around your body.
Tips and warnings
- Practice this trick often before performing it in front of an audience because it does take some practice to look smooth.
- If the card slows down or almost stops spinning, you must catch it in your hand or else it will look like it's dangling from a string.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for