If your naturally red colour is fading as you get older, and you don't want to introduce any unnecessary chemicals into your body, try freshening your hair colour with beet juice instead of commercial hair dye. Beet juice is all-natural and will revitalise your red hair or add a light reddish tint to blond hair without any side effects. You can even use beet juice during pregnancy.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/2 cup beet juice
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
Mix 1/2 cup of beet juice with 1/2 cup of carrot juice.
Pour the mixture over your hair. Do this outside over a grassy area to avoid staining your kitchen or bathroom.
Sit outside in the sun for an hour to allow the juice to stain your hair. Wrap a towel around your shoulders, or wear old clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
Repeat as often as necessary to achieve the colour you want. Some people may have immediate results, while others may need to repeat the process for a few days (or weeks) in a row for visible results.
Tips and warnings
- To make fresh beet or carrot juice, peel the vegetables, chop them into very small pieces and then put them in a blender with 1/4 cup water. Strain the blended material through cheesecloth to remove any remaining chunks.
- If you need to move around while you have the juice in your hair, wrap your hair in cling film. This will keep the beet juice from accidentally dripping or rubbing off on objects around the house.
- Fresh beets stain skin, so wear gloves when you are peeling and chopping.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for