Like it does with your music CDs, Apple's iTunes software helps you manage and organise the tracks on your audio book CDs as well. If you're connected to the Internet when you load your audio book onto your computer, iTunes will automatically search its database for the author's name, book title and chapter titles and add that information to each track of your audio book--typically an audio book track is one chapter. Sometimes, however, the information that gets added is incorrect, which can mix up your audio book files in iTunes. Fortunately, correcting those errors is an easy fix.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open the iTunes software on your computer.
Click on the "Audiobooks" option under "Library" on the left-hand side of the iTunes interface. This will bring up a list of all of the audio books you have added to your iTunes library.
Click on the audio book track that contains the incorrect information.
Click on "File" in the control menu at the top of iTunes.
Scroll down to "Get Info" and click on it--this will bring up all of the information--author, title, chapters--for the track.
Click on "Info" tab in the window that pops up in the main window--"Info" will be between "Summary" and "Video" in the window.
Enter the correct author title, book title, chapter title, track number and any other information you want the file to contain and click on "OK."
Tips and warnings
- If your audio book appears as a music file rather than an audio book, click on the "Options" tab rather than the "Info" tab after clicking on "Get Info." Click on the down arrow next to "Media Kind" and scroll down to "Audiobook." This will separate your audio book files from your music files.
- Fixing the incorrect information in iTunes will not automatically correct any mix ups on your iPod. You will need to connect your iPod to your computer and add the corrected tracks to your iPod.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for