Cleaning clear stamps used in Palette ink is an easy process. Palette ink is easier to clean off of stamps than is solvent ink. Clean your clear stamps after each use because Palette ink dries quickly. Allowing the ink to dry can stain clear stamps. Avoid using cleaners that contain acetone, such as nail polish remover, and bleach-based cleaners because these will deteriorate your clear stamps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton pads
- Baby wipes
- Rubber stamp cleaner such as Ultra Clean
- Stamp scrubbing pad
- Margarine tub or plastic bowl
- Tap water
- Liquid hand soap
- Scrap paper
Clean the acrylic handle of the clear stamp with rubbing alcohol poured onto a cotton pad. Wipe the ink until it is gone, and remove the handle. Palette ink isn't permanent on glossy, slick surfaces unless it has been heat treated, so it cleans off acrylic handles easily.
Wipe the clear stamp with baby wipes, working the wipe into crevices. Rub the clear stamp with the wipe in a back and forth movement. Palette inks are nonsolvent, or water-based, ink, and though they dry fast and permanently on paper, they're easy to clean on your clear stamp. If the ink persists, proceed to Step 3.
Fill a plastic bowl with tap water, and mix in enough liquid hand soap to create suds. Immerse your clear stamp, then scrub the stamp onto a stamp scrubbing pad with a back and forth movement. Palette ink has no harsh odours and cleans up with soap. However, if the ink persists, use a professional ink-removing solution, as in Step 4.
Spray the ink cleaner onto the clear stamp, and scrub the stamp onto the stamp scrubbing pad in a back and forth movement. Stamp cleaners have conditioners that protect your clear stamp from drying out, notes Paper Craft Central. Scrub until all the ink is removed. Clean your scrubber pad according to the manufacturer's directions.
Press the clean clear stamp onto scrap paper until no ink residue remains. This will ensure that your clear stamp is clean and that no leftover ink will interfere with your next project.
Tips and warnings
- Cleaning cloths, such as old washcloths and cotton towelling, will work as well as stamp scrubbers, but make sure that they are cloths that you don't mind getting stained. Paper towels don't work well because they stick and shred, clinging to the clear stamp.
- If you clean your stamps over a sink, use a drain guard to avoid losing your clear stamp down the drain.
- Some people use Goo Gone or other sticky residue cleaners to clean their stamps, but, over time, these types of cleaners leave behind a residue of their own, and they are not advisable for regular use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for