It can be very frustrating to pay a lot of money for a perm and have our hair turn out differently than what we want. If you have permed your hair at home or had a professional perm and it is curlier than what you envisioned, there is a way to relax and soften the curl so you can get the look you want without spending a lot more money.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Smoothing shampoo
- Smoothing conditioner
- Deep Conditioner treatment
- Wide tooth comb
- Plastic shower cap
- Hooded hair dryer
Wash hair under faucet with shampoo. Work from root to tip using fingers to smooth down hair.
Rinse shampoo out thoroughly with warm water.
Work conditioner through the hair from root to tip. Allow conditioner to set on hair for time specified by instructions (average 3-5 minutes).
Rinse out conditioner thoroughly with cool water.
Towel dry hair lightly. Hair should damp.
Apply deep conditioning treatment. Comb thorough hair with wide tooth comb.
Set up hooded hair dryer and set on low heat. Set the timer on the dryer for 20 minutes unless otherwise noted on the deep conditioning treatment package.
Place all your hair under the shower cap and sit under the dryer for the alloted time.
Rinse conditioner out of hair thoroughly and dry it with a towel.
Add leave-in conditioner and then style as usual or allow to air dry.
Tips and warnings
- For best results, condition the hair as soon as possible after hair has been permed.
- You can also achieve maximum results by using products from the same beauty line.
- Never chemically alter your hair on your own. If the perm is still not to your liking, go back to the hair salon and get professional help in correcting your perm.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for