Fiftieth birthdays typically involve parties and gatherings to celebrate the milestone birthday. Word your invitations so that guests know what to expect, such as downplaying the number if the birthday celebrant is having a difficult time coming to terms with turning 50. Your invitations will set the tone, formality and mood for the entire party, which is why your wording is so important.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Use a short, concise opening on the front of the invitation so potential guests will know it's an invitation. For example, "You're Invited" or "Look Who's Turning 50!" If you're planning a surprise party, make that abundantly clear with a line such as "Shhhhh....it's a surprise!"
Include a poem, quote or verse inside the invitation that sets the tone for the party. If you're planning a humorous "over the hill" party, use something like: "It's too late! She's over the hill... Help us celebrate Diana Robinson's 50th Birthday"
For a low-key celebration, opt for wording such as: "Dave's turning 50 but he doesn't know you know So, we're having a BBQ and we hope that you can go!"
Add all of the party details in a clear, concise manner. Include the time and date of the party, along with the host's name, phone number, e-mail address or other RSVP information. If there are special instructions, such as bringing a swimsuit for a pool party, note that in the invitation. If the party is being held at an upscale restaurant, give your guests a heads up by noting the appropriate attire. For example, list the name and address of the restaurant and add a blurb, such as "Jacket and tie required."
Tips and warnings
- Use the invitations to indicate what sort of party it will be.
- Send out the invitations at least four to six weeks before the party.
- Avoid surprise parties if the celebrant isn't keen on surprises.
- Stay away from the "over-the-hill" type of themes and treat the birthday like any other if the celebrant is having issues with turning 50. The last thing you want to do is create an atmosphere that depresses her.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for