Hanging decorative plates can add a nice look to almost any room. Decorative plates are available in almost any colour and style. You can also get plates in various shapes. There are several options for hanging decorative plates, including spring plate holders, adhesive plate holders, shelves or racks. Each option offers a different look and style for hanging your decorative plate and decorating your room.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plate hanger of choice
- Stud finder
- Wall anchors (optional)
- Level (optional)
Locate a stud on the wall where you would like to hang your plate.
Mark the spot where you want to hang your plate, shelf or rack. Use a level if you are hanging a rack or shelf for your plate and you need to make two marks that are level.
Hammer your nails into each pencil marking. Hang the wire or adhesive plate hanger hooks, shelf or rack securely on the nails.
Place the wire or adhesive hangers on the plate and hang it from the hooks on the wall. If using a shelf or rack, put your plate on the shelf or rack. Adjust and straighten the plate as necessary.
Tips and warnings
- Wire plate hangers have springs connecting two wires and hang from a hook on a wall. Adhesive plate hangers stick to the back of a plate and also hang from a hook. If you prefer not to attach anything to the plate, you can hang a shelf or rack on the wall and set the plate on the shelf or rack.
- Use a wall anchor and screws if there is no stud where you want to hang your plate.
- When using an adhesive hanger, take caution that it could leave sticky residue once removed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for