If you're like most people, you are somewhat reluctant to answer a phone call from a strange number. And rightfully so---that phone call could be a telemarketer trying to sell you a new cell phone service or your ex-boyfriend wanting to get back together with you. But if curiosity gets the best of you, and you want to find out who was trying to get a hold of you, you should learn to do a reverse telephone lookup in order to locate the person on the other end of the line.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Internet access
Visit the White Pages Reverse Phone Number Lookup website by clicking on the link below under "Resources."
Enter the complete telephone number into the blank field labelled "phone number." The number must contain 10 digits for the search to work properly.
Click the "Find" button. A list of possible results for the phone number will appear.
Select the correct result by clicking on its bold, underlined name.
Review the name and address of the person or company associated with the telephone number. Also, notice the map which appears, giving you the precise location of the number.
Tips and warnings
- The White Pages Reverse Phone Lookup tool only works with telephone numbers that are based in the United States. For international numbers, try using the Search People Directory tool listed below.
- Still can't find the results you are looking for? Try entering the phone number into Google with quotation marks on either side. This will isolate the telephone number in the search results and may provide you with the name and address of the person or company for which you are searching.
- If the number you are trying to locate is a cell phone number, you may only view the city in which the cell phone is located. Results are best when searching a land line.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for