Let's face it, since Count Dracula made his debut, no vampire goes anywhere without his or her fangs. When we think of vampires, we imagine eyeteeth that are longer and sharper than any human's. We've learned from books and films that vampires need these sharp teeth in order to suck the blood of their victims. If you want to become a vampire for a day, for Halloween or just for fun, and you don’t want to spend money, or wear those plastic costume teeth, get your paper and scissors ready, and follow these simple instructions.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White paper
Cut a 2.5 cm (1 inch) square of white paper. For most people, using this small square of paper will allow for a proper fang. If you have large or small teeth, you may need to adjust the size of the square accordingly.
Fold your paper square in half to form a wide triangle.
With the folded bottom side closest to you and the top of the triangle pointing ahead, lay the paper on a table. Label the right side A and the left side B. Fold the A side's bottom corner inward, so it extends beyond the edge of the B side. Repeating the action, fold the B side bottom corner inward, over the A side.
The top, open end of the paper is still pointed, so you need to fold those flaps in, towards the open centre. Insert your little finger into the open centre to form your fang.
Fit the tooth over your own and adjust it. Repeat the steps to make another. If this tooth is too large, reduce the size of your square and repeat the steps to make a new fang.
Tips and warnings
- Water resistant paper is available in arts and craft shops.
- Paper fangs won't last long. If you plan to wear your fangs throughout the evening, bring extra pre-cut squares of paper in case you need to make a new set of vampire teeth.
- If your teeth are too close together, do not try to force the paper fangs. Be careful not to cut your gums.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for