- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Navigate to the page that you want to display the scrolling text. Locate the section of your Web page where you want the scrolling text to appear. Make sure the text that you want to scroll is not on the same line as text that does not move.
Begin the HTML code by copying and pasting the following:
<div align="centre"><FONT colour="#ffffff" size="+1"><MARQUEE bgcolor="#000080" direction="right" loop="20" width="75%"><STRONG>
Type in the text you want to scroll just after the <STRONG> tag in your HTML. If you are just testing the code for now then type in something like, "Scrolling Text Goes Here."
Finish your HTML code by including some closing tags for your HTML. Just after the text you typed, include the following:
Make sure the full code is complete and accurate. The full HTML code should look like this:
<div align="centre"><FONT colour="#ffffff" size="+1"><MARQUEE bgcolor="#000080" direction="right" loop="20" width="75%"><STRONG>Scrolling Text Goes Here</STRONG></MARQUEE></FONT></DIV>
Tips and warnings
- Make the scrolling text scroll upward instead of from left to right by including this HTML code instead:
- direction="up" loop="true" width="35%">
- Scrolling Text Goes Here
- Failing to close a tag will cause the HTML to display incorrectly. For every opening tag, such as there must be a closing tag, such as .
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for