Factory aluminium wheels are custom wheels that are not a standard feature on most cars, trucks and other vehicles. The wheels are generally fancier and more attractive than standard wheels, and are usually considered an option by most car dealers. Like wheels on any vehicle, factory aluminium wheels can become scratched from frequent driving. You can remove scratches from factory aluminium wheels with metal polish.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1/8 cup dishwashing soap
- Warm water
- Metal polish
- 2 terry cloth towels
- Rubber gloves (optional)
Clean the factory aluminium wheel wells. Mix 1/8 cup of dishwashing soap and warm water in a bucket. Dip a sponge into the cleaning mix, and remove all dirt and debris from around the scratches.
Dry the factory aluminium wheels with a towel.
Shake the metal polish well, and apply a small amount to a clean terry cloth towel.
Rub the metal polish into the scratches in a circular motion, working in areas of about six inches at a time. Be sure to rub the polish the entire length of each of the scratches.
Work the metal polish into each scratch, continuing to rub in a circular motion until the polish turns black.
Remove any metal polish residue with a clean terry cloth towel.
Tips and warnings
- Put on rubber gloves if your skin is sensitive.
- You should be able to remove all of the scratches on your wheels with less than an ounce of metal polish--it doesn't take much.
- Purchase metal polish at automobile and motorcycle supply stores, hardware stores and home improvement stores.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for