After setting up your e-mail account on your BlackBerry phone, there is still more configuration that can be done to ensure your text and e-mail settings are exactly as you want them. Configuring these settings for the first time or making changes on your BlackBerry does not have to be a difficult task. After finding the options it is just about going down the list of enabling and disabling what you want the messaging service to do.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press the "BlackBerry" button to open the main applications menu.
Open the "Messages" icon using the trackball. This opens your messages.
Press the "BlackBerry" button again to open an options menu.
Scroll down and select "Options" with the trackball. This brings you to the "Messages Options" that consists of "General Options," "Email Settings" and "Email Reconciliation."
Select "General Options." This opens the text-messaging options. Here you can change the "Display" and "Actions" options.
Choose options such as how long you want to keep messages; if you want to confirm deletion; themes; hide messages; and what you want displayed.
Go back to the "Messages Options" and select "Email Settings."
Choose which e-mail account you want to configure under "Message Services." Highlight the email address and press the trackball to bring up the list of e-mail addresses.
Configure the email settings. Choose if you want to confirm delivery, if you want to confirm if the mail is read and if you want to send read receipts.
Go back to the "Messages Options" and select "Email Reconciliation." Email reconciliation removes e-mail from your inbox. You can choose to just delete it on the phone or delete it on both the phone and on the web. The deletion of e-mail is not part of the "General Options" of how long you want to keep messages; you must reconcile the email from your phone.
Tips and warnings
- If you are getting an error message saying "No message services configured. You will only be able to save to draft," this means that you do not have an active data plan on your BlackBerry. Contact your cell phone provider right away to fix this problem.
- To set up your e-mail go to the "E-Mail Settings" icon and follow the steps on the browser to "Add My Existing Email Account." There, you can set up the BlackBerry to receive e-mail from an existing e-mail account that you have or set up a BlackBerry e-mail account.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for