Google search gives you the option of storing your web search history as a drop-down from the search toolbar. When you begin to type in a search term, Google will bring up the term if you have already searched for it. If your search history has become a nuisance, you can disable this feature in your options and restore it again later. While you can restore the option to save your personal history, according to Google you can not restore any history you have already cleared. Restoring your save history option is quite simple and involves only a few steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Google search toolbar
Right-click on the "Google" button beside the search field box.
Click on "Google Toolbar Options."
Select the "Search" tab, and then check the box next to "Store search history on my computer."
Click "Save" and you are finished. You have now restored your "history" option in Google search.
Tips and warnings
- You can disable Google's search assistant by unchecking the box next to "Suggest searches as you type."
- If you delete the search history list from the Google search bar, you can not restore it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for