Eyelash extensions can add elegance to your look if you're heading out for a night on the town or to an upscale event. Extensions usually last from 10 days to two weeks, but if you've decided to remove them before they fall off on their own, there are at-home methods to safely remove lash extensions without damaging your actual lashes. Improper removal could result in the loss of or damage to your natural lashes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Baby oil
- Make-up remover
- Cotton balls
Wash your face with warm, soapy water to remove all make-up, especially eye make-up. Pat dry.
Saturate a cotton ball in baby oil or oil-based make-up remover. Close your eye and rub the saturated cotton ball over your lashes. Make sure the lashes are completely coated so the oil can dissolve the adhesive.
Work the cotton ball gently and continuously over the lashes as the extensions come off one by one.
Tips and warnings
- If this method doesn't work, check with the salon where you had your extensions put on. They may direct you to use a bottle of the solvent they use on site or may schedule you for a removal.
- Do not pull lash extensions during removal, as this may pull your actual lash out as well.
- Do not squeeze the cotton ball or you could drip oil or remover in your eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for