While the Sony PSP is an excellent entertainment device, some features that could have been useful to PSP users were left out. The PSP features Wi-Fi capability, but on its own, you can only use the Wi-Fi to connect to the PlayStation Network or to play a game against another player with a PSP. TVersity was created to let PSP users transfer data from their PC to their PSP without using a USB cable.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wireless home network
Download TVersity. Once you've downloaded the installation file, double-click on the file to install the software. Follow the on-screen prompts until the software has been installed.
Start the TVersity software by clicking on the "Start" button, then under "All Programs" select the "TVersity Media Server" folder, then click on "TVersity Media Server."
Click on "Library" once TVersity has started, then click "Add Item." In the window that pops up, click "Browse" to add the folder containing the files you want to share with your PSP. Once you've found the folder containing your media in the "Browse" window, click "OK," then click the "Submit" button. TVersity will add the selected folder to its library.
Turn on your PSP. On the main menu, known as the "XMB" or "Cross Media Bar," navigate to "Network," then select "Internet Browser" and press the "X" button.
Highlight the web browser's address bar at the top of the screen and press the "X" button to activate the on-screen keyboard, and type "http://X:41952" where X is your IP address, and press the "Start" button when you are done. This will load the TVersity web server into the web browser.
Select the appropriate category from the PSP's web browser (Audio, Photos, or Videos) for the file you want to put on your PSP by pressing the "X" button. Select "Folders," then select the folder where your file is stored by pressing the "X" button. Select the file you wish to copy to your PSP by pressing the "X" button.
Select "Yes" when you're asked if you want to save the file, then press the "X" button. The PSP will prompt you to name the file and select a destination folder for the file. You can change the filename by highlighting it, pressing the "X" button, then using the on-screen keyboard to change the name. As for the destination, by default it will put the media in the appropriate folder, so don't change it. Once you've made any filename changes, highlight "Save" and press the "X" button. Once downloaded, you can find the files in the appropriate category on your XMB (Photo, Music, or Video).
Tips and warnings
- To obtain your PCs IP address, click "Start," then click "Run." In the "Run" dialogue box, type "cmd" and press enter. In the window that pops up, type "ipconfig /all" and your IP address will be displayed on the screen.
- While TVersity is a great way to access your files without going to your computer, transfer speeds using the USB cable are much faster. If you are transferring large amounts of data, a USB cable is a much better solution if you have one available. Also, if your PSP has the latest firmware, its battery will charge when it's connected to a USB cable.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi switch on your PSP is in the on position to be able to connect to TVersity.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for