"Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" is a realistic, but fictional, video game portraying what war is like in a present day setting, complete with authentic weaponry and military tactics. In 2008 Activision released a Game of the Year Edition for "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare," that included a keycode, which if redeemed, would allow online players to receive an access token/code good for four new, downloadable multiplayer maps.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" Game of the Year Edition
Purchase "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" Game of the Year Edition from any retailer where video games and video game accessories are sold. Note that if you buy a used copy, then chances are that the code is no longer available.
Open the package and check the case for the Game of the Year redeemable keycode which is printed on an insert.
Go online to http://gameoftheyear.callofduty.com/index_us.php, and click on the region wher you live, found at the bottom of the screen.
Enter in the keycode from the package insert into the required field.
Enter your e-mail address that you use for online gameplay into the required field. You may enter your information into the other fields, like first name or birth date, but these fields are not required.
Click on the Submit button at the bottom of the screen, and wait while the online generator redeems your keycode. If an invalid entry message appears, try entering in the keycode and/or e-mail address again.
Write down the online keycode that comes with your game "token," when it appears. This is the code you will use to redeem your new multiplayer maps.
Log into your online game marketplace through your specific video game system. If you use a Xbox 360, go to the Xbox Live Marketplace, if you use a PlayStation 3 (PS3), go to the PlayStation Network Store.
Redeem your code by, if you are a Xbox 360 user, navigating through Xbox Live with the Xbox 360 Dashboard until you find the Redeem Code option. Click on this and enter the code you wrote down, and select redeem. It will take a moment for the system to download the new maps.
Redeem your code by, if you are a PS3 user, going into Account Management and entering in the code you wrote down. It will take a moment for the system to download the new maps.
Redeeming Your Code
Tips and warnings
- If you purchase "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" Game of the Year Edition for the PC, it should come with a separate file when you install it to your PC. This file will allow you access to the maps.
- Check to make sure the case for "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" is the Game of the Year Edition, and not the regular "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare."
- Check the case for a stamp that should read something about the new multiplayer maps, if it does not then ask a store clerk for assistance.
- There have been issues with code redemption for the Xbox 360 version. If you face any problems when redeeming your keycode go to http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_sid=lCE2alRj for assistance.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for