LCD TVs have become very popular recently thanks to their high-definition display capabilities and declining prices. These types of televisions use colour-shifting liquid crystals behind a plastic film, which serves as the screen. Eventually you may get a nasty scratch on your screen, distorting your TV with an unsightly white line. There is a popular home method for alleviating scratches in an LCD TV's screen, though professional repair is always recommended if this method is unsuccessful.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Petroleum jelly
- Rubber eraser
- Cotton swab
- Dry cloth
Rub the scratch very gently with the eraser. If the scratch is very minor, this step may alleviate it entirely. If not, then move on to Step 2.
Dip the cotton swab into a small amount of petroleum jelly.
Wipe the petroleum jelly-covered cotton swab over the scratch, filling it in with the jelly.
Wipe away any excess jelly with the cloth. The jelly that fills the crack should match the optical properties of the screen, or at least come close, rendering the scratch nearly invisible.
LCD TV Scratch Removal
Tips and warnings
- Be gentle when pressing the eraser to the screen so as not to damage any of the liquid crystals behind the display.
- Never use any abrasive material such as sandpaper to alleviate a scratch; this will just make things far worse.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for