A tiered birthday cake adds a little more fun to common birthday cake a little more fun.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cake batter, triple amount
- Icing kit
- 6-inch cake pan and cardboard
- 8-inch cake pan and cardboard
- 10-inch cake pan and cardboard
- Metal icing spatula
Bake three layers of cake using 6-, 8- and 10-inch pans.
Place each layer on a cardboard until cool.
Frost the layers using a different icing colour for each. For instance, you could frost the bottom layer in green, the middle layer with lavender, and then the top layer with yellow. Use the metal icing spatula to spread the icing.
Use a spatula to place the 8-inch layer on top of the 10-inch layer. Center the 6-inch cake on top.
Decorate using your icing kit. An icing kit includes a tube open at one end to put icing into, and the other end connects to a series of tips. The tips are numbered and the numbers denote the pattern.
Tips and warnings
- It is easier to apply icing after freezing.
- Base icing colours on the birthday person's favourite colours, or for young children, blue and pink with variances like lavender, red and yellow for girls and green, orange and brown for boys, along with universal colours like white and black.
- Exercise caution when dealing with hot surfaces.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for