You hear the phone ringing but you don't get to it in time, now you wonder if you have missed an important phone call. No need to worry, you can easily check and see who, rather what number, was the most recent call. Make sure you are subscribed to caller ID service through your phone company, although there are some phone service providers who offer caller ID service for free. Caller ID is only one way to find out who called you, however, there is still an option for those who do not have that service.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phone with caller ID
Look at the front of your phone and find the caller ID button, which usually is labelled "CID."
Scroll "Down" to view the most recent calls. This will list the most recent call first, and backwards from there. On the screen you can also note the time of the call, as well as the date. Caller ID will only work if you subscribe to caller ID service from your phone service provider and you have a phone with caller ID features.
Push the " * " (star) button, and then the "6" and the "9" button, if you do not have caller ID on your phone. A recording will inform you of the last number that called the phone you are dialling from.
Tips and warnings
- To find out who last called your cellphone, select "Menu" and then "Received Calls." The last number that called you will be at the top of the list. However, the recent calls list will not list the calls that were made to your cellphone when it was off.
- You may be charged a service fee for using *69. Contact your phone service provider to find out what the charges may be.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for