One of the important parts of golf is knowing which strategies to use and which clubs are best in specific situations. A key part of figuring out the best approach is knowing how far you need to hit the ball and what the obstacles are on the course. As a result, using a golf GPS system to pinpoint your location on each hole can be a great advantage. Because there are so many golf GPS systems available, it is important to compare each system to determine which one is best for you.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Internet connection
Figure out your price range in order to narrow down your search. As of 2010, the top of the line GPS systems cost averaged about £585 while the cheapest models go for approximately £65.
Research golf GPS systems on golf websites that provide side by side comparisons of various golf GPS systems. (see the Resource list below)
Compare each product based on its library size, battery life, unit's monitor size, price and any subscription fees. It is important to take all these things into consideration. Most GPS systems provide back, centre and front distances, but not all are convenient to use and some come with hidden fees.
How to Compare Golf GPS Systems
Tips and warnings
- Aside from comparing the features, price, and functionality of each GPS device, it is important to read the reviews from users. A GPS system is not a small purchase, as a result, it is important to do the research and purchase one that has been well received. In theholegolf.com is a good website that compares and reviews many different golf GPS products.
- Many electronics can be delicate and fragile. As a result, it is important to consider durability of each GPS system. It should be able to withstand constant movement from your bag or golf cart without causing damage.
- In addition, many of the products are now water resistant. In case of any unexpected rainfall, you should check to make sure that the GPS system you purchased is not one of the few that are not.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for