You can easily create and customise your own Vans shoes using the company's online shop. With a few simple clicks of the mouse, you can select your shoe size and style. From there select your colour scheme and pattern, and then purchase. Imagine your ideal shoe and bring it to life. This is a unique way to show off your individuality. Imagine what your friends will say when you wear your new shoes. Let your imagination run wild!
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Adobe Flash Player
- Internet connection
Start up your web browser and navigate to shop.vans.com. On the left-hand side, select the "Custom Shoes" link at the top of the link list.
Take a minute and browse the rest of the Vans site--view their current stock and trends. Its a wonderfully built site and sure to give you inspiration for your creation!
Continue back to the 'Custom Shoes' link after you are done browsing the site.
Select the shoe style you want: Era, Slip-On, or Old Skool. Click the "Next" button to continue on to the next step. Take advantage of the extra features the site offers and click around the links as you go through the customisation process to learn more about the Vans company.
Select your gender and shoe size. Click the "Next" button to continue.
Choose a base format from the shoe styles and colours displayed. Do not select a format based on colour and pattern, as you will be customising these next.
At this step, it's best to stop and pause. Do you have an idea of what you want your shoe to look like? Perhaps stop and sketch out a rough draft of the concept you have, and then dive right in!
Select the colour(s) and pattern(s) you want on your shoe using the Flash menu on the right side of the screen. Pressing the + next to each item listed will give you a drop-down menu that shows the customisation options for each shoe part. You can customise everything on the shoe from the heel to the collar lining. Upon completion, add the shoe to your shopping trolley and check out. You've now designed and created your very own shoes!
Tips and warnings
- Play around with your design before ordering to make sure you are satisfied with it. Once you order the shoes, there is no going back.
- Browse the Vans site and get an idea of what styles and colours you like so you can incorporate them into your own shoes.
- Actual colours may be slightly different then what is displayed online. You will need Adobe Flash Player installed to navigate the Vans Shoes Customization portion of the website. If you do not have Flash Player or need the latest version, you can go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to download and install it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for