Light-up shoes are made by many different manufacturers. Attend a preschool and watch an array of coloured-lights flashing on the ground as children enter a building. Children enjoy the way the shoes light up when they walk into dark hallways or rooms.
- Skill level:
Place the shoes on the feet and secure them with the corresponding Velcro straps or shoelace ties.
Make firm direct contact between the outsole, or the bottom of the shoe, and the ground. The lights, sometime placed on the top of the shoe, or on the side of the midsoles, will light up with each step or direct contact.
Step or make direct contact at the speed desired for lights to light up.
Tips and warnings
- Changing batteries of light-up shoes is not recommended. Contact the manufacturer for troubleshooting and/or repair.
- As of 2009, some light-up shoe batteries contain mercury, a hazardous substance. Check with the shoe's manufacturer to determine the battery source and proper disposal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for