Champagne is the standard for toasting and celebrating. Dom Perignon champagne was created by a monk of the same name centuries ago. Dom Perignon laboured for years to remove the bubbles from his champagne with no success. Eventually he accepted the bubbles and went on to find ways to increase them in the champagne. Chill Dom Perignon champagne carefully before you serve it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dom Perignon champagne bottle
- Ice bucket
Fill the ice bucket approximately half-full of ice cubes and add water to the level of the ice.
Insert the Dom Perignon champagne bottle into the ice bucket and push it down as far as possible. You may need to pour out some water to push the champagne bottle all the way into the bucket.
Leave the Dom Perignon bottle in the ice bucket to chill for 30 to 40 minutes. Do not allow the champagne to freeze.
Remove the Dom Perignon from the ice bucket and open it to serve. Place the opened champagne bottle back into the ice bucket to keep it cold while people are drinking it.
Tips and warnings
- Serve Dom Perignon in tall champagne flutes. Optimal serving temperature of Dom Perignon champagne is between 42 and 47 degrees Fahrenheit if you are serving it without food. If you are serving Dom Perignon champagne with food, serve it at 10 degrees Celsius.
- Instead of chilling Dom Perignon in an ice bucket, you can also chill it in the refrigerator for between three and four hours. Do not leave a bottle of Dom Perignon in the refrigerator for longer than this. The refrigerator is too cold for extended storage. Store Dom Perignon at room temperature and chill right before consuming. Never freeze Dom Perignon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for