Indoor trellises can add a lot to the decor of any room in the house. You can use them as a divider to separate a loft apartment, a shared bedroom or any large room in your house. Use a trellis to hide unsightly parts of your home. Decorating trellises can sometimes be a little difficult. You want it to look nice but not overcrowded. The biggest thing you need to keep in mind is to decorate with mostly lightweight objects. To use heavier decorative objects, fasten the trellis to the wall.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Place the trellis in the room before you make any decisions on ways to decorate it, since the placement will help you decide what to use and what not to use. Do not use objects that stick out a ways from the trellis if it is very close to a high-traffic area in your home.
Wrap some greenery around the lattice at the top of the trellis to highlight the outline of the trellis. Fasten the greenery at the top of the trellis with a staple gun if the holes are not big enough to thread the greenery through.
Add some light to your trellis by weaving white Christmas lights in and out of the holes, or hang the lights in the same manner as the greenery.
Hang the items on your trellis with S-hooks. Get some small, framed pictures. Loop the S-hooks through the backs of the pictures and then through the holes in the trellis to hang them securely.
Hang a vase on your trellis to hold either real or fake flowers. Wrap some wire around the narrowest part of the vase. Make sure the vase will not easily slip through the wire. Make a loop in the wire at the back of the vase. Hang the wire loop on the S-hook and hang that on the trellis.
Tips and warnings
- Lay your trellis flat on the floor. Arrange all of the items you want to hang on the trellis in whatever order you desire. Draw or take a picture of the arrangement, stand the trellis upright and then add all your decorations in the same order as the picture. This works great if you have a lot of small items you want to hang.
- Make sure you have a definite centrepiece for your trellis. Put whatever decoration you want to highlight most in the middle of the trellis and add decorations around it.
- Use a trellis as a unique headboard for your bed.
- Allow your houseplants to climb on an indoor trellis just as you would in the garden.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for