Skype is a way to make phone calls and video calls over the Internet. You can make calls to the land and mobile lines of Skype users and non-users. It is easy to download and start using Skype. Once you are on Skype, you may be interested in finding family and friends who are also using the program. Skype makes it simple to find these people.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open up your Skype software. Click on "New" above your contacts list, and then "New Contact."
Type in the name of the person you are searching for. You can use their username or real name. If you don't know the username of the person, you can just use a partial search string to find the person.
Scroll through the results list you have obtained until you locate the person you are looking for. Highlight this person and click "Add."
Tips and warnings
- Skype has a issue within the programming where it will not show a person in the search engine if they haven't been online in the past 72 or more hours.
- Doing a search with a partial username string that is less than 4 characters will result in inconsistent search results.
- You can search for people by their e-mail address if they have their e-mail address visible in their profile.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for