The Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) is a video game and media console that was released in 2006. By inserting DVD or Blu-ray discs into the PS3, or playing media files directly from the hard drive, users can watch and control a variety of games and movies. This media is controlled using the Sixaxis controller. At some point during ownership of one of these controllers, it may become necessary to replace the battery. To perform this task, the controller must be opened.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips screwdriver (small)
Remove the USB cable from the controller, if it is attached.
Turn the controller onto its back, then remove the five screws from their holes. If you are unsure if a screw has been completely removed, turn the controller over and see if the screw falls out. Be sure to keep the removed screws in an easily found location.
Push forward, then up on the spot at the bottom of the controller (between the two analogue sticks) where the two sections of the controller casing meet. This will separate the casing.
Pull apart the two sections of the casing so that the internal components of the PS3 Sixaxis controller are visible.
Tips and warnings
- The controller only fits back together one way. If you are having trouble closing the controller, verify that all of the internal components are configured correctly inside the controller.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for