The volume icon appears on your desktop taskbar on an HP laptop. The icon right in front of you is convenient. If you want to adjust the volume you simply click on it, and it opens the volume control for you and you don't have to click your way through properties. Once in a while you may find that your volume icon comes up missing, for whatever reason. Putting your volume icon back on your HP laptop is easy and requires only a few steps, and these steps will work for most versions of Windows.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- HP laptop
Right click anywhere on the "Start" taskbar.
When the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" window opens up, click on the tab that says "Notification Area."
Look at the second section titled "System Icons" and make sure the box next to "Volume" is checked.
Click "Apply" and the icon will reappear in your notification area.
Tips and warnings
- On an HP laptop, your volume can also be controlled by external keys on the laptop itself. If you can't find them by examining your laptop, see your owner's manual for the location of your external volume control.
- If these steps do not return your volume icon back to the taskbar, you may have a bigger issue with your sound driver. See your HP owner's manual or the HP support website for help with that issue.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for