One of the most convenient features of today's PDA smartphones is the ability to use your phone to access your phones text (SMS)/picture (MMS) messages, and your e-mail messages at the same time. Your can rely on your BlackBerry Curve device to keep read and respond to family, friends and co-worker messages. Blackberry.com boasts you can sync your BlackBerry Curve device with up to 10 separate e-mail addresses. Your device will alert you of new messages with a blinking red light, allowing you to always be connected.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- BlackBerry Curve device
- E-mail address synced to device
Press the BlackBerry Button on your device above the keyboard. When you have a new message, a red light will blink in the upper right hand corner of your device, an unopened envelope symbol will appear in the upper right corner of the screen, and an asterisk will be displayed on your "Messages" icon. If the message is an e-mail message, the icon associated with that e-mail address will also have an asterisk.
Scroll to the "Messages" icon and use the trackball as a button to open the "Messages" menu. All unread messages will be displayed with a yellow envelope, the name or address of the sender and the subject of your message.
Highlight the unread message by using the trackball to scroll to the message and click on it. Clicking the message will display the message. You can respond to the message by pressing the BlackBerry button and selecting "Reply."
Listen to your voice mail messages by selecting the voice mail message noted in your "Messages" menu. Pressing the trackball to select your voice mail message will display a "Call Voice Mail" option. Select "Call Voice Mail" to call and listen to your Voice Mail messages.
Tips and warnings
- By default, all of your text messages will be displayed under your "Messages" icon. You can create a separate icon for your text and picture messages on your device. To separate your e-mail and SMS text messages, go to "Messages" and press the BlackBerry button to bring up the "Messages Options" menu. Select "General Options" and scroll to "SMS and Email Inboxes." Press the BlackBerry Button and select "Separate." Your text messages will now be sent to the text and picture message icon.
- If you have e-mail notifications set up for your favourite social networking sites, these notifications will be listed with your standard e-mail messages on your BlackBerry Curve.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for