Since guinea pigs are primarily all one colour, typically brown or tan, replicating the animal as a costume can be easily done using clothes likely found in your own closet. Purchases to construct the costume will be minimal if necessary. The costume will be warm, an added bonus if you intend to wear it on a chilly autumn night.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Brown sweat shirt
- Brown trousers
- Brown shoes
- Brown socks
- Construction paper
- Paper plate
- Rubber band
- Paint or markers
- Hole punch
Cut two eye holes out of a paper plate. The plate will be the costume's mask.
Paint the remainder of the plate brown or tan, to match the rest of the costume. If desired, leave a patch of white in the shape of an upside down "T" across the nose area and between the eyes, as many guinea pig faces are two-tone.
Draw a nose, whiskers and mouth on the plate.
Cut a small hole (or use a hole punch) at the middle of each outer side. The holes should sit slightly above where the plate will hit your ears.
Cut a large rubber band and tie each end through the holes in the sides of the paper plate. This will hold the mask in place.
Cut two small half-moon shapes out of brown construction paper. These will be the guinea pig ears. Cut the ears a half inch longer than you would like them.
Make a small, half inch fold at the horizontal base of each ear. Glue these folds to the top of a headband, approximately above your temples. The curved side should be pointing toward the floor.
Put on the brown sweat shirt, trousers, shoes, socks and mask.
Constructing a Guinea Pig Costume
Tips and warnings
- Tan or beige coloured items will work as well. If missing any of the above pieces, solid coloured articles of clothing can be purchased inexpensively from a local craft, discount or thrift store.
- You can glue small pipe cleaners or wire to the cheek areas of the mask to represent whiskers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for