Hair loss around your frontal hairline may be the result of natural balding or damage due to styling, harsh chemicals or heating products. Men typically experience natural male pattern balding known as receding hairlines, while the hair loss many women (and some men) experience around their frontal hairline is typically caused by traction alopecia. Traction alopecia occurs when ponytails, braids and weaves are worn too tight near your hairline, causing hair loss, according to the Hair Loss Library. Strengthening shampoos and conditioners, herbal oils and massage may help regrow hair around your frontal hairline naturally.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Hair-strengthening shampoo
- Hair-strengthening conditioner
- Pure coconut oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Container or bottle
Wash your hair with a hair-strengthening shampoo that contains ingredients such as vitamin E, biotin, silica, chamomile horsetail and ginseng. These are all natural vitamins and herbs used to promote hair growth.
Apply a generous amount of hair-strengthening conditioner to the wet hair. Gently massage the conditioner into your scalp and hair. Look for a conditioner that contains ingredients such as biotin, amino acids, aloe vera or olive oil to fortify weak and thinning hair. Rinse the conditioner from your hair after about 15 minutes.
Squeeze and scrunch your hair gently to remove all excess water. To prevent additional hair loss around your hairline, avoid wringing your hair while it's wet. Wringing wet hair also causes pulling around your hairline that may hinder hair regrowth.
Pour about 59.1 ml (2 oz) of pure coconut oil into a container or bottle. Add about 10 drops each of lavender oil and rosemary oil to the coconut oil. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to create a homemade hair massage oil. The properties in coconut, lavender and rosemary oil stimulates hair follicles and helps to produce hair growth.
Apply a liberal amount of the homemade hair massage oil to your hairline and scalp. Use medium pressure in a circular motion to massage the oil into your hairline and scalp, starting at the hairline and working your way back. Massage your scalp for at least 10 minutes to increase blood circulation and encourage hair growth around your hairline. Allow the oils to penetrate your hair for about 30 minutes.
Rinse the oils from your hair using warm water. Allow your hair to air-dry naturally instead of using a hair dryer. Excessive use of hair dryers often causes additional hair damage.
Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your hairline and scalp, then style your hair as desired.
Tips and warnings
- For best results, repeat this hair treatment weekly.
- Try massaging your hairline and scalp daily. Scalp massage may help fight premature hair loss in addition to promoting hair regrowth.
- If traction alopecia isn't treated immediately, it may cause irreversible hair loss around the hairline that can only be treated with hair transplants, according to the Hair Loss Library.
- Avoid using perms and heating products that may cause hair loss around the hairline.
- Avoid wearing braids, ponytails and weaves for extended periods of time. Allow your hair breaks between styling to reduce the stress on your hairline and prevent hair loss.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for