Carpet tiles are an perfect do-it-yourself project and are ideal for rejuvenating a small area such as a bathroom, utility room or foyer. If you're installing carpet tiles in your home, you may be stymied when it comes to cutting the tiles. But it's not too difficult to cut them. You can learn the process in minutes and be finished with your project in no time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
- China marker
- Utility knife
Measure the area where you need to cut the carpet tile.
Transfer your measurement onto the back side of the tile, using a china marker. Double-check your measurements.
Lay the carpet tile onto a hard surface that will not be damaged by a utility knife blade.
Place a straightedge onto the cutting line on the back side of the carpet tile.
Cut the carpet tile by running a utility knife tightly against the straightedge, pressing down firmly to make the cut. Make the cut away from your hands and body.
Repeat the process for all cuts that need to be made.
Tips and warnings
- Always wear work gloves when using a utility knife.
- Cutting carpet will quickly dull the blade of a utility knife. Replace the blade often if you have many cuts to make.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for