Pocket PC devices such as the Dell Axim X30 were designed with Internet use in mind. Specifically, the Dell Axim X30 is equipped with wireless Internet capabilities which allow it to connect to wireless networks. This means that if you are in an area with Wi-Fi, such as a bookstore, coffeehouse or library, your Axim can connect to the Internet.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wireless network
Tap the "Start Menu," then tap "Settings" and then "Connections."
Tap the "Network Cards" tab to add a wireless connection. This brings up the "Configure Wireless Connection" screen, and also brings up any wireless network in your area.
Tap on the network you wish to connect to. If the network is not encrypted, your task is complete.
Tap the "Network Key" to bring up "Authetication and Data Encryption" configuration. Specify the encryption scheme your network is using. If there is no encryption, select "None." If you don't know which setting to use, ask someone who works where you are.
Tips and warnings
- You can also sync up with the Internet access of a computer by connecting your Axim to the PC via a USB cable.
- Do not connect to a network you don't have permission to connect to.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for