Suede nubuck is a very soft type of suede leather used for clothing, shoes and furniture. Protecting and maintaining your suede nubuck items will keep them clean and help them last a long time. Regular cleanings remove soil and grime, but you can also remove stains from suede nubuck. If cared for properly, your suede nubuck items will maintain their natural beauty for years to come.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Liquid nubuck cleaner
- Baking soda
- Nubuck protective spray
- Leather ink stain removing liquid
- Clean cloths
- Hair dryer
Address mild dirt stains or scuffing on your suede nubuck item by rubbing a suede nubuck cloth on the surface, moving in a circular motion. Apply a small amount of liquid nubuck cleaner to the cloth and rub that into the nubuck surface, if needed, to lift more stubborn dirt spots.
Sprinkle baking soda onto your suede nubuck surface if it has sustained a grease stain, or too much moisture has got on the nubuck surface. Allow the baking soda to absorb the grease or moisture for an hour or two, then brush the baking soda into the garbage.
Rub the suede nubuck with your nubuck cloth to fluff up the nap.
Spray the surface of your suede nubuck with a nubuck protective spray. This will help remove dirt more easily and keep stains from sinking into the fibres of the suede nubuck.
Rub a piece of fine sandpaper against the surface of the ink stain on your nubuck suede. This will remove any ink on the surface using a dry cleaning method.
Pour an ink stain removing liquid onto a clean cloth. Dab at the remaining ink stain on your suede nubuck surface. Move to a clean portion of the cloth as the ink stain lifts, and continue to dab.
Fluff the nap of the suede nubuck using your nubuck cloth. Turn your hair dryer on the low setting and aim at the nubuck as you rub the surface, to aid in the quick drying of any stain removing liquids.
Tips and warnings
- Brush off dirt or salt as soon as it comes in contact with your suede nubuck shoes. The longer the source of the stain is on the nubuck, the harder it is to remove.
- Large ink stains can spread if cleaned improperly. When in doubt, bring your suede nubuck item to a professional for stain removal.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for