Europeans use a metric system of clothing measurement, which is why their sizes are vastly different from American sizes. If you want to find out your jeans size in a European or American measurement, you need to consult a generic conversion chart found online. You will need to have this measurement if you plan on shopping in the U.S. or ordering from American clothing retailers. Unlike American clothes, European sizes are stable and do not vary from brand to brand.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Clothing size conversion chart
Go to the website OnlineConversion.com (See Resources).
Click on either "Women's Clothing Sizes" or "Men's Clothing Sizes."
Select your European jeans size from the drop-down menu and the other fields will automatically show you your American jean sizes. Find out your size in the U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Australia and Japan.
Tips and warnings
- Many American clothing brands use "vanity sizing." One American brand's size 6 might be another brand's size 2.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for