Princess Jasmine, the spunky heroine of the Disney movie "Aladdin," remains a popular costume option for girls and women alike. Her exotic beauty and love of glittery jewellery combine to make a striking Halloween costume modelled on that of a belly dancer or Genie. While many stores sell Jasmine costumes and accessories, you can make your own Jasmine costume using simple clothing and inexpensive accessories.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Blue sports bra/tankini top/tank top
- Blue sweat pants or satin pajama trousers
- Long black wig
- Blue ribbon
- Blue jewelled brooch or blue plastic jewel
- Gold bangle bracelets
- Gold sandals or ballet flats
- Gold necklaces
- Gold hoop earrings
- Sheer blue material
- Long blue dress gloves
- Oriental rug
Create Jasmine's harem costume out of blue sweat pants or satin pajama trousers and a blue sports bra. The shades don't need to match exactly. The trousers should be loose and slightly baggy.
Braid your hair into a long braid and tie with a blue ribbon or purchase a long black wig. Tie a wide blue ribbon around your head and attach a blue jewelled brooch or glue a plastic jewel to the centre of the ribbon to serve as Jasmine's signature head dress.
Find or purchase faux gold accessories such as bracelets, necklaces, shoes and earrings. You can use items such as inexpensive gold-coloured bangle bracelets and plastic Mardi Gras style beads. Add gold ballet slippers or sandals and large gold hoop earrings to complete the ensemble.
Accessorise your costume with bold make-up, including kohl-rimmed eyes (a type of black eyeliner) and bronze or gold eye shadow. Add stick-on jewels or glittery dusting powder to your face to further enhance the look. See Resources for links to additional make-up ideas.
Tips and warnings
- For more coverage, wear a form-fitting blue tank top or buy 1 to 2 yards of sheer blue material to attach to the bottom of the sports bra to cover your stomach.
- If making the costume for a child, purchase a blue tankini swimming costume top instead of a sports bra and attach the sheer fabric to the bottom of the top.
- If you want sleeves to cover your arms, make faux sleeves by purchasing a pair of blue dress gloves and cutting off the hand part. Wear these pulled as high as possible on your arms for a bit of additional warmth.
- Carry a small, Oriental rug with you and make sure you sing "A Whole New World."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for