Game players who play Multiplayer RPGs such as Aion, World of Warcraft or Everquest often use voice chat to help organise raids and other projects in game. One of the most common voice chat programs is known as Ventrilo, a system in which people download clients and connect to servers. In the event that you need to look at someone's IP address, whether to ban them or to insure that someone is the person they say they are, it is possible to do so, as long as you're a server admin.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Server Admin access to a Vent Server
- Broadband connection
- Ventrilo Client program
Connect to the Ventrilo server that you want to find the IP address on. Be sure to log in as a server admin.
Right-click in the voice chat box, then click on "Server Admin" then "RCon." A command-line box will appear.
Type "status" in the command box that appears. You will get a list of user information for everyone who is connected to the vent server, including the IP addresses of the people connected.
Tips and warnings
- When you do this, you will get everyone's IP addresses, so be ready.
- Do not go about broadcasting IP addresses everywhere, because a malicious user can hack into a computer with them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for