Samsung plasma televisions are programmed with a timer feature that allows the user to set a predetermined time for the set to shut off. This is convenient when enjoying television in bed, so the glowing television will not disturb the user who drifts off to sleep. The feature can be activated or turned off in seconds using the remote control for the Samsung plasma TV. The timer can be set in 30-minute increments up to three hours. Some models also feature up to three on/off timer settings to program the TV to switch on and shut down at different times each day. These timers can also be set to activate on different channels.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Samsung plasma television
- Remote control
Turn on the Samsung television and set the TV to any channel.
Press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
Use the up and down arrow keys to toggle through the menu options to choose either "Sleep Timer" or "Program Timer."
Press the right or left arrow key to increase or decrease the time in the sleep timer function, programming the Samsung to shut off after 30 minutes or up to three hours.
Press the left and right arrow keys to change the day, on and off times and channels for the programmable timer feature, pressing "Enter" between choices to save each setting.
Tips and warnings
- Program the TV to switch on and off at different times of the day and night when travelling away from home. This creates the impression someone is in the house and can be a powerful deterrent to burglars.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for