Nettle, rosemary and sage hair tonic is a simple, natural home remedy made to prevent hair loss. Applying nettle, rosemary and sage hair tonic before bed on a daily basis can help stimulate the scalp to increase hair follicle growth. This recipe makes enough hair tonic for about five uses, though it is easily doubled. The final product can be stored in the refrigerator for about one week before going bad if you make too much.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 2 cups high-proof vodka
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh nettle, chopped
- 1/2 cup rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup sage leaves
- Sterilised glass jar with tight-fitting lid
- Saucepan or mixing bowl
Combine the vodka, apple cider vinegar, fresh nettle, rosemary and sage leaves in a large glass jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Place the jar in a dark, dry place and let stand for two weeks, shaking the jar to combine the ingredients daily.
Strain the mixture in a fine sieve, retaining the liquid in a clean saucepan or mixing bowl.
Transfer the final mixture to a clean glass jar. Store the mixture in the refrigerator between uses.
Tips and warnings
- To apply, massage the mixture into the hair and onto the scalp. Massage the scalp gently for 3 to 5 minutes and brush hair with a soft comb. Do not rinse the hair tonic out.
- Avoid mixing or storing any type of homemade cosmetics in an aluminium bowl or container, as there is serious concern about heavy metals entering the body through the scalp and pores.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for