Thigh-high tights are cotton or nylon hosiery divided into two separate legs, held in place by a band of elastic and silicon at the top. In a practical sense, you can wear thigh-high tights as a layer under trendy, thigh-high boots to keep your legs warm. For a sexy look, pair thigh high tights with lace trim on top with matching lingerie. You may initially find thigh high tights uncomfortable to wear due to worries about the tights falling down your leg. However, with a little practice, you'll find that wearing thigh high stockings will be as second nature to you as putting on socks.
- Skill level:
Pick up one thigh high stocking. The stockings are interchangeable, so don't worry about matching the stocking to your right or left leg.
Gently roll down the stocking to the ankle section. Your stocking will resemble a crew sock.
Take the rolled-up stocking and bend down over one leg.
Glide in a gentle motion your foot into the rolled-up stocking. Make sure that your heel is positioned correctly and that your toes are positioned in the stocking's toe bed. You may need to pull the stocking to obtain the correct fit over your foot.
Move your hand to the top of the stocking and gently pull your hand up your leg. The stocking will slowly unroll up your leg.
Pull the stocking tight up your thigh when you reach the end of the stocking.
Place your foot on the floor in standing position and turn your leg to make sure that the stocking is positioned correctly on your legs, ankle, heel and toes. If there are any wrinkles or bagging, lightly pull the stocking into the correct position.
If there is a significant amount of bunching, you may find it easier to repeat to start over putting on the stocking.
Repeat these instructions for the other leg.
Tips and warnings
- Clean your thigh highs after each use following the manufacturers instructions. Oils and lotions from your skin will bond to the silicone grips at the top of the stocking, resulting in your stockings not staying up.
- If you are still having problems with sagging stockings, place some talcum powder on your thigh to give the elastic more traction on your leg.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for