Magnetic earrings are the ideal accessory if you want to avoid having your ears pierced. While magnetic earrings are available in a variety of styles, you can quickly and easily make magnetic earrings to suit your own style and preferences. They can be made inexpensively using decorative items such as fancy or themed clothing buttons, faux jewels or any other small items you would like to wear as earrings.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 4 powerful craft magnets, 6mm (1/4-inch)
- Hot glue gun
- 1 glue stick
- Decorative items
Insert one glue stick into your hot glue gun. Heat up the hot glue gun until the glue drips clear.
Grasp one of the 6 mm (1/4 inch) magnets with the tweezers. Using tweezers will give you more control and keep your fingers from getting burnt by the hot glue.
Drop a small drop of hot glue onto the magnet.
Immediately place the decorative item (such as a unique button or faux jewel) onto the hot glue on the magnet. Allow to cool.
Tips and warnings
- Do not give magnetic earrings to children. Not only are they a choking hazard, small magnets can be fatal if swallowed.
- To avoid accidentally swallowing or inhaling the magnets, never wear magnetic earrings in or around the nose or mouth.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for