Office Home and Student Edition is a basic version of the Microsoft Office 2007 system that allows its users to perform common Office tasks. Since Office Home and Student Edition is a basic version of the Office 2007 system, it does not have all the programs that typically come with fuller versions of Office 2007. Affordability is among the many benefits of using the Office Home and Student Edition as opposed to using other fuller versions of Office 2007 is that personal computer (PC) users can purchase Office software.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Visit the products page of Microsoft Office Online to upgrade an Office Home and Student software (see "Resources").
Compare the various upgrade options for your Office Home and Student version by examining the various features available in other versions of Office 2007 that are not available in your Office Home and Student software. For example, Office Home and Student does not come with Outlook 2007, Access 2007, Publisher 2007 and InfoPath 2007 whereas Office 2007 Standard comes with Outlook 2007. Choose an upgrade version that offers additional components that would meet your personal needs.
Click on the "Buy Now" button under the specific Office 2007 software you have decided to upgrade to. For example, if you would like to upgrade to Office 2007 Standard, click on the "Buy Now" button under Office 2007 Standard. You will be redirected to a new page containing the specific Office 2007 version you selected. You should see the "Buy Now" and "Upgrade" buttons; select the "Upgrade" button. You will be redirected to a checkout page.
Enter your payment information and choose the language pack version of your new upgrade; a language pack is simply the default user interface language of the Office software.
Complete the checkout process by selecting the "Continue checking out" button, which will redirect you to new page allowing you to confirm the details of your order. If the information displayed is correct, place your order.
You should receive your new Office software in the mail within three to five business days. When you receive your new Office software, simply put the CD in your CD-ROM drive; the CD will automatically run the upgrade process.
Tips and warnings
- In addition to purchasing a "Digital Backup Service," a service by Microsoft that allows Office users who purchased their Office versions online to be able to re-download their software in the event of a PC crash, you may want to purchase a "License Lock Box" that comes with a backup CD as using the "Digital Backup Service" is only available to Office customers for three years.
- Microsoft Office Online is an official Microsoft website that provides Office users with various services. Some of the services provided on this online community include, but is not limited to the ability to download templates, purchase various versions of Office software and update different types of Office software.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for