Anti-cellulite massage oil is a highly effective natural homemade remedy for areas of the skin that commonly form cellulite, such as the back of the thighs, under the arms and on the calves. Homemade anti-cellulite massage oil costs much less than commercially available anti-cellulite body creams, which often contain potentially harmful chemicals that stabilise the products during shipping and shelving. This recipe makes enough massage cream for about 20 applications, although it can be easily doubled.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 6 drops cypress essential oil
- 6 drops geranium essential oil
- 2 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 3 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
Pour 1/4 cup of coconut oil into a sterilised glass mason jar. Add 6 drops each of cypress and geranium essential oils into the jar. Replace the top and shake well. Let the mixture rest for about one hour.
Add 2 drops each of grapefruit and lemon oils, and 3 drops each of juniper berry, rosemary and lavender essential oils to the mixture. Shake vigorously.
Store the mixture in a cool, dry place, like a kitchen cabinet or closet, for 48 hours. Shake gently before each use, as the essential oils have a tendency to sink to the bottom of the jar and separate.
Tips and warnings
- Apply with clean hands the anti-cellulite massage oil to problem areas of the skin. Allow the skin to absorb any excess moisture that remains after several minutes of rubbing the area.
- Avoid storing any type of skin or body care products in aluminium containers, as there is concern about heavy metals entering the body through the skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for