Upgrading your Ford interior can lead to removing everything from your vehicle to replace it or even change the colour. You will have to remove the panels, carpet and, of course, the seats. The driver's seat sits firmly to the floorboard of the vehicle. Replacement seats are made to match whatever colour scheme and comfort level you are looking for. Your parts store can assist you in showing different patterns to help you modify the interior of your vehicle.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Socket wrench
- Socket set
Push the seat back. You will need room to take the front bolts out.
Locate the two bolts holding the seat to the metal railing. Unscrew the bolts with a socket wrench.
Slide the seat as far to the front as possible. You will need access to the back bolts.
Unbolt the back bolts with the socket wrench. The seat should be loose from the floorboard.
Climb to the passenger side so you can tip the seat slightly. Locate any wiring harnesses underneath the seat. These harnesses will control power seats, heated cushions and lumbar support. Unclip the wires from the harness by separating the tabs on the harness and pulling straight out.
Open the driver side door to pull the seat out. Lift the seat out of the vehicle.
Tips and warnings
- Carefully look over the floorboard to ensure everything is disconnected from the seat.
- Use extreme caution when lifting the seat out of the vehicle. The seat is heavy and hard to lift.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for