An MP3 is a digital audio format that has become increasingly common in recent years. Otherwise known as an MPEG-3 audio layer, it is the standard format for consumer audio storage. An MP3 file can be played back via a specially formatted CD or on a digital audio player, such as an iPod. Many consumers like having the ability to play an MP3 while they are driving, either by docking their MP3 players to the car's stereo system or by simply listening to a CD. Most models of the Toyota Prius are equipped with MP3-compatible stereos, so listening to your favourite music is easier than ever.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Toyota Prius
- CD or MP3 player
Decide on which songs that you would like to listen to while you are driving. Using your computer at home, download or rip the songs or playlist to a CD that you want to hear.
Turn on the Prius stereo system or radio. Press the button labelled "CD" and insert your CD into the player.
Hit the "Play" button. Use the "Forward" and "Back" buttons to switch between songs.
Listening to MP3s from a CD
Find the AUX, or auxiliary sound input device, which is usually connected to the back of the radio or in the centre console via a cable. Also known as AUX in adaptors, your local audio or music store should sell these kits.
Connect your MP3 player or iPod to the Prius, usually through the headphone jack, and listen to your music.
Use the controls on your MP3 player to adjust the volume and switch between songs.
Docking an MP3 Player
Tips and warnings
- If you have any questions about installing an AUX-in adaptor for your iPod or MP3 player, speak to a representative from your local Toyota dealer. He or she will be happy to help you install it.
- Remember that safety is paramount when operating a motor vehicle. Use common sense and don't change CDs while driving as this can pose a safety hazard by distracting you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for