Women who wear versatile micro braids want them to last as long as possible. Micro braids take quite a long time to design, but are rewarding because they last a long time. They can be fashioned with human hair or synthetic hair additions; using additions extends the life of the braids even more. For the most attractive and long-lasting style, make sure you take steps to prevent your braids from unravelling. Different methods are required depending on whether your braids are made of human hair or synthetic.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rubber bands
Secure the ends of micro braids with small rubber bands. The small-size bands you need are usually sold in beauty supply stores or in the hair care section of discount stores. You may have one-half to 1 inch of synthetic hair extending past the rubber bands.
Burn the ends of each synthetic hair micro braid with a lighter. Perform this step one braid at a time. Do not do this for human hair braids.
Remove the rubber bands once the ends are cool enough to touch. You can then shape warm ends into a rounded form with your fingers.
Leave rubber bands on human hair micro braids to prevent the ends from unravelling. Human hair cannot be burnt and secured the same way that synthetic hair can.
You can also secure human or synthetic hair braid additions with nail glue. At the end of each braid, apply a dot of glue, being careful not to glue your fingers to it. Allow to dry.
Tips and warnings
- It's best to use Kanekalon synthetic hair for braiding. The ends will burn easily without posing a fire hazard.
- If you want to leave an inch or more of loose hair at the end of each braid, apply the glue at the spot where you want the braid to stop, leaving the remaining hair loose.
- After burning the ends of synthetic hair, let them cool before touching.
- Never burn human hair additions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for