ADT alarm systems can provide peace of mind whether you're at home or away. The chime feature on an ADT alarm sounds whenever a door is opened and the system is not armed. This ensures that if you're home, you can hear whenever someone enters or leaves your home. The chime can be turned off if you don't want to hear it constantly as people come and go. Just follow a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- ADT alarm system keypad
Open the cover of your ADT alarm system keypad by flipping it down.
Locate the "chime" button on the far right of the keypad--the third button from the top.
Press the "chime" button, and hold it down for two seconds.
If your alarm features a door chime but your keypad does not have a chime button, press "*" and then press "4."
Tips and warnings
- To turn the ADT alarm chime back on, press the "chime" button again for two seconds, or press "*" and then press "4."
- If you turn off the ADT alarm system chime feature for a specific event, such as a party, remember to turn it back on after the event.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for