Founded in 1874, ADT is a well-known international provider of residential alarms and security services. ADT residential alarms and security systems have sensors that carefully monitor your home and sound the alarm if any of its security zones are breached. After the security issue has been dealt with, you must reset your system sensors to silence your ADT alarm. Fortunately, this is a quick and simple process that can be completed from your ADT alarm control panel.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Locate the "Reset" button on your ADT alarm system control panel.
Press and hold the "Reset" button for two seconds, then release.
Press the "*," "7" and "2" buttons in quick succession to reset your ADT alarm. The alarm sensors should reset and silence the alarm within seconds.
Tips and warnings
- If the alarm continues to sound, the reset process was unsuccessful and the alarm is still detecting the problem that caused it to activate. Repeat the process to reset the security system sensors and silence the alarm.
- The need for frequent and unexplained alarm resets may indicate an underlying mechanical issue. Contact ADT customer service for warranty and repair information.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for