An old fashioned nurse's cap is the perfect accessory for a nurse costume or a child's dress-up playtime. While you can purchase a nurse's cap costume accessory, you will save money by making one yourself. The only material needed for this paper nurse's cap is a piece of blank typing or printer paper. Complete a few easy-to-follow instructions for making your own basic nurse's cap.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 8 1/2-by-11-inch sheet of typing paper
Place the piece of paper in front of you in a landscape position (sideways).
Fold down a 2-inch flap at the top of the paper. This will eventually be the front rim. Turn the piece of paper over so that the top flap faces down but remains at the top.
Measure 3 1/2 inches from the left side on the bottom of the paper. Mark the spot. Measure another 3 1/2 inches from that mark and make another mark.
Measure two 3 1/2-inch high vertical lines at the marks. Cut on the lines to make two slits. You should have three large tabs.
Fold in the left tab over the centre tab. Secure the tab with a staple. Fold in the right tab over the centre tab. Secure the tab with another staple.
Cut off the 1/2-inch strip of excess paper from the right tab at the bottom of the paper nurse hat.
Tips and warnings
- For an added authentic touch, use a red magic marker to draw a red cross on the front of the nurse's cap and a black magic marker to draw a line across the rim.
- Use hair clips to secure the old fashioned nurse's cap in place on your head.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for